SOL SHADOW DAY

3 Hours


On February 6th I went to shadow at an art academy. I applied for visual arts, therefore I was standing there in the room surrounded by juniors who were working on their masterpieces. I had to stand there look in the mirror and draw a self portrait. It was already a challenge but what made it even more challenging was that I had to draw for 3 hours with a 15 minute break in the middle. But really the scary part was that I was in a room full of juniors so it was a little intimidating but I ended up feeling comfortable with their presence. The self portrait was drawn from charcoal and there was an eraser and kneaded eraser which was entirely covered in charcoal since it goes everywhere. I was thankful that I wore black because if I didn’t then I would have stained by clothing. Throughout the three hour self-portrait challenge I ended up having fun and time went by fast. In the end I wished I did better on my drawing but then again it was absolutely a great experience and I don’t think I would ever want to trade it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years from Now

A Delightful Day

SOL Graduation Pictures are Right around the Corner