A Wicked book

A Wicked Book

Wicked is a book about someone familiar to a majority of us. The Wicked Witch of the West, from The Wizard of Oz. The Wicked Witch of the West is the awful Witch who tried to take the ruby red slippers, she was seen as a soulless Witch with a heart as cold as the snow. Something we should ask ourselves is do we know the story? Did we see both sides of the argument? I bet you didn’t know that the Witch’s name was Elphaba. Believe it or not Elphaba was an actual human being, a person. Although she was out of the ordinary there was more than to what meets the eye.
It would be a lie to say that she was the nicest person, buy it would also be a lie to say she was an awful person. In fact she was just like us. She had her ups and downs in life. Throughout the book it talks about Elphaba growing up as well as the environment she grew up in. One interesting thing I learned throughout the book is that Elphaba actually enjoys reading very much. About a third way through the book Elphaba attends a school and she was always found reading a book. Elphaba was a bookworm. Elphaba actually reminds me of myself. Even if she attended parties or gatherings she would read, sometimes when I attend parties I bring a book with me. I find it funny considering the fact that I went to a party not that long ago. During that party I sat in a chair away from the crowd and I was reading this book.
This was a surprise for me because I actually ended up really liking Elphaba, she was different from the rest of the characters. She was different in a good way. She almost felt like an inspiration, except I wouldn’t steal slippers or harm people. I personally believe that she’s misunderstood. Although she tried to steal I think she just needs guidence. To be quite honest I believe it can be hard to follow guidence, some of us can’t take criticism, or don’t want help. I think Elphaba has a hard time with acceptance or guidence. I believe she just needed help from someone, but people misunderstood her and found her weird. Overall I suggest this book. If you are interested you should definitely look into it. If you choose to, I hope you enjoy it.

Comments

  1. I love this blog!!!! I am so glad you enjoyed the book! I love WICKED!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Delightful Day

10 Years from Now

Oh My Gods I Love This Book!!!